Friday, November 26, 2010

A Day...


When you are full with a chicken burger n a heavy black forest cake, the next thing that comes to your mind or heart never will be to sit in front of the system and do the “work”!!!
So in the above briefed situation I just browsed something in Google and ended up typing 20 January 1986 and hitting enter key…I was really surprised to see the news items and links that popped up…and I got to know many things starting from the list of operas played in different Opera Houses in Washington on jan 20 ,1986 to my exact age as of today !!!
…I am exactly 24 years 45 weeks 4 hours 15 minutes 19 seconds old.. .. J
My heart pumped for the first time on 7.May.1985, Tuesday.
If my hair were never cut since 20.January.1986, it would be 3.621 m. today.
If my nails were never cut since 20.January.1986, they would be 8.984 cm. today.
One interesting question for me from one of the site was:
“An apple tree seeded on 20.January.1986 bore 2,206.636 kg. apple till today. Its contribution to economy is $8,804.5 and it fed 3,702 people. We hope that in your life you, as a human being, achieved more than that poor apple tree.. “
If my dad calculated the money spends on me, I might get a heart attack today…So I assured myself by reaching a conclusion that there is no relation between the monitory aspects and human worthiness…
By the way, what is human worthiness???
Some might quote it as the social position where we stand in so called well defined social structure…
Some will try to make a hierarchy of human actions and apportion worthiness to each …
Some connect the worthiness to the birth or involuntary conditions associated with a person…
Some confine the worthiness to a simple method of believing and following religious dogmas...
Some measure worthiness with respect to knowledge…
Some value it based on the creativity and applicability of the acquired knowledge…
Some think of it on the basis of a person’s contribution to the society…
So what is it in the basic form???
If you go by word meaning it should be the value associated with a human being. Again, there we will end up with another question, “what you mean by value?”
Everyone agrees that it is subjective…subjective to our own or other’s perception and priorities…
For me, it is very simple, it is all about how useful we are…its not only about the money we have but how we make use of it… its not only about the relationship we make but how well we manage and make others happy…its not only about the fame of the family we are from but how we keep up the name… its not only about the knowledge we acquired but how well we apply it … its not only the creativity but how well we explain through our expressions…its not only our social service attitude that counts but how well we encourage others to participate and spread the concept of helping others…
Usefulness is not just about the creation of wealth, knowledge, fame or character but how we utilize it to the betterment of society and ourselves…It is an addition of value to ourselves so that we can loudly say “I m worth it”

1 comment:

hari said...

once again a post from u, which i didnt understand anything....