Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's raining....




How could I miss to write a line in my page when it's raining outside..


It was when my friends started teasing that I stopped writing about it in my blog..But, sorry my friends ..this time it's too tempting.. i can't stop myself..



My first memory of rain is of a day when I was small..I was making paper boats and crying when it got drowned in rain...That day my dad and brother taught me how to hold an umbrella and save my pretty little boats..I was so happy n excited to hold that umbrella .following the boats till our gate..

Then it move on to so many pictures....

Faces of my old friends...when we waited excitedly in the school varandah for the rain to stop....to start playing..

Confusing college days ..wondering whether to enjoy the feeling of the rain or to be bothered of the dress I wear...

Laziness to get up and go to office when it's raining...

Days when I forgot to take my umbrella and got drenched..(Secretly, I loved It ,though my hair looked horrible and my sneezing shocked my friends...he he )

Above all it's the longing to go home that hurts ..missing my mom's scoldings ,dad's loving voice and sweet fearsome quarrels with my brother...I don't know..Rain make me miss my home and dear ones so terribly ...

But its only thoughts that take you back to those days not the time..

Then my mind will scroll to future..plans and dreams ...100s of them ...dancing in each raindrop that I count...

It's very easy to wait and hope for good things to happen when it 's raining..

That's why I love rain so much....


Athira

No comments: