Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A day...



Again it happened!!!…..
I was on my way back from office, winding up a tiring day, silently wishing if I could jump straight to my bed without the hurdles of bus journey...But I had to keep in heart Robert Froast's famous lines “ miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep” (literally)…

Coming back to my bus journey....

Somehow, I managed to get a window seat, which was obviously a perfect mix of luck n luxury in that crowded bus... After taking the ticket, as a part of my travelling routine, I took a book and started reading...pages flipped and the cool breeze made me plunge deeply into the world of words ... Suddenly, the bus screeched to a halt … (some auto rickshaw driver tried to imitate Schumacher, I guess…)and there was loud shouting from all sides...In the earlier days I used to get shocked seeing and hearing all this… but now my shocks been reduced to boring glances as this also frames into my traveling routine… :) After a few loud harsh comments from some passengers and rickshaw driver, bus started moving slowly...I glanced outside and regained my reading posture,but this time I felt something wrong and all of a sudden a bulb flashed…I missed my stop and have crossed almost 3 stops ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S I reached my room safe around 9 (usually 7) and I am now banned from taking any books while going to office…

No comments: