Monday, February 15, 2010

Thanks...

There are days, which unknowingly set our mood in reverse mode, picturing everything as nonsense and meaningless. Unfortunately it was one of those horrible days with a late wake up alarm, unsuccessful hunt for matching dupatta that ended up in change of outfit in last minute, rushing back all the steps back to my room on 2nd floor to get the office ID and a scolding face from Cab driver for making him wait for 10 minutes!!
At office I found my system unusually slow, temperature abnormally freezing and sleep dragging me to bizarre dreams.
A scream made me jump from my sleep. I found everyone anxiously looking around. Security alarm broke the silence with its high pitched squeal .I smelt something very odd and in spilt of a second all our eyes stared to a single point. Smoke pumped in, through our door splits. First it formed a thin line showing its path, changing fast to a cluster of clouds and then spreading the semi black smoke around. Panic struck the floor. I could hear only worried shouts as we rushed to emergency exit. My wits raced for a reason.
I heard my friends calling me and pushing me towards the crowd making me realize that I was moving slow creating another crowd behind me.
Something is wrong. I couldn’t see more than the shoulder of the person who stands before me but I felt the arising tension .The emergency exit is not opening. It some how got jammed!!
Before I could think of anything I heard another scream. Big flames of fire were getting everything, our systems, chairs , papers...We all started running to the other phase .I was too occupied to get scared but my mind kept on racing .My family ,my friends, my dreams. I didn’t have any logic on what I thought. Someone was holding my hand and urging me to move fast- a girl which I didn’t like at all .Why she has taken that effort to take care of me ?She might be hoping for my support too. But I was too horror stuck even to move my little finger. Again the crowd stopped moving causing another confusion .I heard some one whisper in total fear “Its fire every where…”.My heart was beating fast. Is everything ending here? Is that life all about? So many pictures flashed in my thought, my home, my family... How they going to hear this news? My eyes filled...Will I see them again... Oh! I want everything back. I thought of 1000 promises to please the god. .But no answers I got. Loud blast of systems and electronic gadgets cracking in fire petrified me .Some shouted to break the glass window but no one could reach near it… I was too scared to cry or to speak…I thought of the fire, burns and pain. ..This cannot be real. I cannot be in this situation...I should have taken leave today…I shouldn’t have come to job at all... Why no one coming to rescue us…I felt myself choked by the harsh smell of smoke, my eyes burned …I turned around and something hard hit my hand….

I was startled to hear the laugh. Two of my colleagues were standing near me and were laughing. Just one moment ago one of them were holding a stick and trying to break the glass pane. How can he laugh now? Is everything fine now? Confused on “how”, I managed to utter “Thanks...” and smiled gratefully, they saved my life…..

It took few seconds for me to realize that I was dreaming, that too at office, dozing of by my desk!!!!!!! My friends were having a laugh of life explaining to all, how funny it was to see me waking up startled with a strange expression and then suddenly smiling delightfully saying thanks!!!!!!!!!
…………………………………………………………………………………………….

1 comment:

hari said...

hmmm... again after some more days this dream became reality and thank god that he re written the story by keeping u away.....